It is essential that you follow these instructions after your microblading session.
Day 1 (Day of Treatment)
- Do not touch the brows for 2 hours. You must then gently clean the brows of blood or sebum with a clean gauze or cotton pad and clean (preferably distilled) water by gently dabbing them.
- After cleaning apply a thin layer of post care ointment (Aquaphor is recommended) with a clean cotton swab.
- Do this once every hour for the rest of the day. It is important not to use any aggressive movement or manipulation of the skin. Be sure to wash your hands with a disinfecting soap before cleaning the brows and applying the ointment.
- At the end of the day, before bed, wash the brows with lukewarm water and a mild, fragrance free soap. (Cetaphil is recommended)
- Make a lather in your hands and gently wash your brows. Pat dry with a clean gauze or cotton pad. Apply a thin layer of ointment.
Clean the brows and apply the ointment at least twice a day. Do not use any aggressive movement or manipulation of the skin. Always wash hands with a disinfecting soap before cleaning the brows or applying the ointment.
The following must be avoided for all nine days of the post procedure period:
- Increased sweating (It is recommended to avoid sweating heavily for at least 10 days post procedure. Sweat and salt can prematurely fade the treated area.)
- Participating in sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or tanning salon (Absolutely no sun, sweating or tanning for 10 days after the procedure.)
- Laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or glycol in acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented (These behaviors may result in scarring or removal of the pigment.)
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garbage removal, basement cleaning or any task that may produce airborne debris or cause sweating
- Spicy foods
- Alcohol (Excessive alcohol consumption may result in longer healing time.)
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when cleaning and applying after care ointment
Before showering apply a layer of post-care ointment to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head.
Itching and flaking may occur during the first seven days post procedure, however, experience has shown that following these after care instructions greatly reduces the occurrence of these symptoms.
The healing of deeper strokes May last between 14 and 21 days. Touch-ups and or correction is only recommended after this period.
If you have any unexpected problems or issues related to healing of the skin please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction.
What to Expect After Your Microblading Session
- Your new eyebrows will go through several stages during the healing process.
- The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting relatively close to the top of the skin. As the pigment settles in, the color will soften. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the gauze or cotton pad after cleaning. This is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting the body.
- Once the healing of the skin starts taking place flakes which appear similar to dandruff may appear. This may give the impression that the pigment is fading too quickly, however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from the brows.
- Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 or higher on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure may cause pigment color to fade more quickly.
You can now enjoy your beautiful new brows!